top of page


Saturday 24th February 2024 - 16:00pm Thailand / 09:00am GMT - TSP

A breathless finale saw the calmest man in the stadium, Wud, fire home from the penalty spot to secure a well-deserved 1-1 draw for Futera United against an experienced Look E-San in their opening TSP fixture.

Futera United started a new chapter in their epic journey as they took to the pitch at Bangkok University, looking resplendent in their stunning new strip, in front of a boisterous, partisan crowd. Their opponents for this historic day were pre-tournament favourites Look E-San, who had assembled a team full of players with a wealth of T2 and T3 experiences. From the off, it was the visitors who looked more composed, and they should have gone in front inside the first minute. Outpacing the Futera defence, the Look E-San left-winger fired in a powerful cross that eluded both Film and Tewit, but with the goal at his mercy, the centre forward headed wide.

Futera struggled to settle, seeming uncharacteristically nervous as Look E-San dominated possession, forcing a number of corners and going close on several occasions. In the 11th minute, it was the home team who created the game's best chance. Jew pounced on a loose ball from the Look E-San defence to deliver a pinpoint cross to Tun at the back post, whose shot was somehow cleared off the line before a crazy melee ensued with at least three Futera players having chances to score.

In the 17th minute, after Sin had committed a reckless foul on the edge of the box, the Look E-San left-back unleashed a tremendous dipping free-kick that thundered off the crossbar to the relief of the Futera fans in the packed stand. Look E-San continued to control the game, going close from distance with a shot that was well saved by Film, and centre-backs Khun and Tewitt were called upon to make last-ditch tackles.

The away side finally got the goal their pressure deserved when just before halftime they were awarded a free-kick, twenty-five yards out. The impressive Look E-San midfielder stepped up, and his curling effort beat the wall and seemed to confuse Film, who could only manage to parry the ball into the air. As it dropped, the visitors' centre forward gleefully swept the ball into the net for the opening goal. Despite Futera’s protests that Film had been fouled, the goal stood, and the halftime whistle blew with Look E-San holding a deserved 1-0 lead.

After a stinging rebuke from coach Breeze at halftime, Futera began the second half on the front foot. Baz came on for Benz at right-back and combined with Taku in the opening minute. His cross found Tun, but his attempt was somehow blocked by a combination of the Look E-San goalkeeper and centre-back, and the ball trickled inches wide of the post. Futera were now a different side, full of energy and moving the ball quicker with more purpose.

Phu on the right flank was a constant threat, and his cross-cum-shot in the 52nd minute had the opposition goalkeeper scrambling back to tip the ball over. Futera’s midfield were now starting to dominate, with Taku and Beale putting in impressive performances. Although the better team, Futera were still susceptible to Look E-San's swift counters, and Khun and Tewit were once again called upon to make important interceptions.

Futera continued to press, looking for an equaliser, and after a brief interlude when the referee had to be replaced due to a medical condition, Beem crossed in a wicked curling cross that was met at the far post by Phu, but his shot flew over and wide. With the clock ticking down, Taku had a half chance, but the ball wouldn’t sit down for him, and Look E-San scrambled the ball away.

Futera’s valiant second-half performance looked to have been in vain until in the 98th minute, the outstanding Baz slid in Beem, who ghosted into the box before being taken out by the Look E-San defender. The referee immediately pointed to the spot, and as a nervous hush descended on the stadium, Wud took responsibility and stepped up to convert the penalty before celebrating in front of Futera’s ecstatic fans. A crestfallen Look E-San kicked off, and the referee immediately blew for full time with the final score 1-1.

A thrilling game that was the epitome of a game of two halves. Futera looked very nervous in the first half, and the more experienced Look E-San found themselves unlucky not to be more than one ahead. A totally different second half as Futera stormed back and got the point they deserved. Huge second-half performances from Baz, Phu, and Taku who drove the team on.

A fantastic occasion for Futera United competing in the TSP for the first time. The fans turned out in their numbers, and the Futera staff ensured everybody had an amazing experience. A really enjoyable game, Futera acquitted themselves well against one of the favourites. Next week are old foes EGY Thai in what should be another memorable game in this incredible journey. Futera SU SU.

36 views1 comment

Recent Posts

See All

1 Comment

bottom of page