top of page

Futera United 4 - 2 Royal Police FC

Updated: Jul 8, 2022

31st May 2022 - 19:00hrs Thai / 12:00hrs GMT - FRIENDLY

With no Bangkok Premier League fixture at the weekend, this gave the NFT holders the chance to view some potential trialists who could be added to our squad. A trial game was held the previous Sunday with 9 players trying out. This was then whittled down to 3 players who would then take part in a friendly game against a strong Royal Police Cadets side.

In wet humid conditions an unfamiliar looking Futera, wearing pink shirts and black shorts, strode out onto the Futera Dome with the 3 trialists Nick, Eak and Art looking to impress. Inside two minutes Futera were ahead, Gael won the ball in his own half and sped off beating numerous Police defenders before cooly finishing for a fantastic solo, goal of the season effort. In the 11th minute a free kick for a foul on the edge of the box, was taken by Ter whose fierce strike hit the defensive wall, before rebounding kindly to Art who duly tucked away the loose ball to make it 2 - 0. Futera were now dominating and the two young trialists Art and Eak were linking up effectively and causing the Police defence numerous problems. A rare attack from our opponents saw them catch our back four square and a nice through ball allowed the Police forward to drive a low shot past a hesitant Film to make the score 2-1. Nick, playing at centre-back was struggling somewhat with the pace of the game and things got worse for him when just before the end of the first third he had to be substituted for what looked to be a muscle injury.

As is the norm, the second third saw numerous changes but this did not upset Futera’s rhythm as they continued to pass the ball with pace and purpose. Few, looking back to his old self after his bout of COVID, was a constant threat and in the 35th minute he drifted inside from the wing going past two defenders before releasing the on running Don with a perfectly weighted pass, that he finished into the bottom left hand corner to restore Futera’s two goal advantage. The impressive Art, reveling in the space he was finding on the left flank, was heavily involved in the fourth goal, a nice ball inside the full back from Poom was crossed into the penalty area by Art for the late arriving Few to smash into the roof of the net to make the score 4-1. Futera really had their tails up now and looked a really good side. Over confidence by Poom, trying to play the ball out in a tight area, allowed the Police striker to produce a delightful shot from the edge of the box that evaded the despairing dive of Film. With the seconds ticking away to the end of the second third a strong challenge from Owen unfortunately left the Police player injured and unable to continue. Chaos on the side of the pitch ensued with the visitors upset at the challenge, with emotions spiraling out of control the game was ended prematurely with the final third still to come.

A bizarre end to a very entertaining game saw the final score 4-2 for another victory for Futera United. The two young trialists Art and Eak were excellent and really took their opportunity, they will be real assets to our squad. Nick at centre-back, didn’t have the best of games and I feel he is not better than the players we already have. I thought we looked a very good side, strong at the back and full of pace and invention going forward. With the signing of Tishan Hanley, our St Kitts international, the future looks very promising for Futera United as we continue to go from strength to strength. The only disappointment is that there is no game this weekend, but I can’t wait to see Futera United back in competitive action in the Bangkok Premier League in the not too distant future.

24 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page